The Other Side of Lost in Translation

2009年11月11日水曜日

The Tree that Blooms the Flowers of Love



"Aijyou No Hana Saku Ki(愛情の花咲く樹)" Shuki & Aviva
The tree that blooms the flower of love,
this was a hit in 1973 in Japan.

Shuki & Aviva were from Israel,
I think they released only this single in Japan,
and I heard they sang in France after that.
Shuki composed this song
and the very famous Japanese lyricist,
Yu Aku(阿久悠) wrote the lyric.

"The Tree that Blooms the Flower of Love"

We met again under the tree
with the flower of love in full bloom
There was her standing, whom I loved when I was younger
Rushing to her side and holding her hands
Staring at each other without saying anything
Ahhh, her unchanged beauty moved me to tears
Ahhh, I still loved her, I just kept telling her that

Both of us still remembered of the season
that the flower of love bloomed
No matter how many years have passed by
Both of us still remembered it
We will never part again
Holding each other, living together forever
Ahhh, her unchanged beauty moved me to tears
Ahhh, I still loved her, I just kept telling her that

Ahhh, her unchanged beauty moved me to tears
Ahhh, I still loved her, I just kept telling her that


In 1973, vacationing to the foreign countries
were still beyond dreams for most of Japanese.
In early '70s, Japan achievd to creat the world #2 economy,
only second to U.S.
Yet still many people, especially in country side, were poor
and the exchange rate was
$1 = 360 yen
now $1 = 90 yen
which means $ was four times stronger agains Japanese Yen.
But around 1980, it became like
$1 = 250 yen
So some Japanese started to go abroad.
And in mid '80s, it suddenly became like
$1 = 125 yen
Then, finally average Japanese started to enjoy
vacationing in everywhere in the world.


In early '70s, when going abroad was still
beyond their dreams for most of Japanse,
this kind of song reminded them of
a scene of romantic European cinemas,
especially French or Italian.
And they just dreamed about a romantic fantasy world
with beautiful exotic scenaries and beautiful white people.

Yes, this kind of song was a fairytale for Japanese
who had to work hard and live boring lives
and had a strong yearning for the American & European
White glamorous cultures.

ラベル: , ,

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿



<< ホーム